Monday, February 11, 2008

Poetry Books Almost Due

Hello students and parents,
I wanted to remind everyone in my class that poetry book assignments are almost due. I would like to have them completed by Thursday, February 20th of next week. Students, remember that I will be looking for each type of poetry we learned from our unit. This includes:
  • Acrostic
  • Cinquain
  • Diamante
  • Haiku
  • Limerick
  • Concrete
  • Five senses poem.
If you need help or have questions, please feel free to see me during class. I'll be happy to assist you. Also remember to refer to the handout I passed out at the beginning of the unit explaining each type of poem. If you need rhyming ideas, don't forget to use a rhyming dictionary or just go online to http://www.rhymezone.com/. This rhyming dictionary website should be able to give you some ideas for your poetry.

Be sure you put some thought and creativity into your poems. So far, everyone is doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work!

No comments: